Monday, July 2, 2012

Magnetic Nail Polish

This magnetic nail polish trend has interested me a bit but I am not in love with it.  I like that it is something different and a sort of nail art anyone can do.  But none of that could convince me to spend $8 or more on colors I wasn't in love with. 

Enter LA Girl Magnetic nail polish, which sells for $5 AND has some prettier colors I haven't seen anywhere else.  It also has five different magnet designs. (I found these at 5 Below) 

I have 6 colors, so I did one nail in each color and the silver bottle is the color I didn't use.  I found that Magnetized (pink)  and Polar Opposite (lighter silver) are the two that show up the least.  The Magnetic Field (dark teal), Repel (navy), Magnetic Force (dark grey) and Attract (dark purple) are fantastic.  The magnet shapes are two variations of straight lines, a bulls eye shaped circle, one that looks like this >>>>, and an asterisk type shape.  The bulls eye circle, not worth getting.  No matter how I work it, it always looks pretty darn stupid.  The straight line magnets are great, as is the >>>>> one.  The asterisk/ star is ok, but can be hard to get right. 

I don't know how often I will wear these polishes because I really like doing my own nail art and metallic polishes aren't my favorite, but I had to try them.  Maybe in the fall/winter I'll be more inclined to use these darker colors but right now its all about the brights! 

I just received my order from Born Pretty and am eager to get working on some new designs with my new toys.  More posts to come soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment